In an effort to keep the Christian Life family as healthy as possible, we ask that you use the following guidelines to determine if you child is ill. These guidelines will determine whether a child may attend school or if he/she needs to be kept home or picked up from school.
If your child has any of the following symptoms the night before or before leaving for school in the morning, we ask that you seriously consider keeping your child home. Also know that if you child is sent to school or comes down with any of the following symptoms, you will be called and asked to come and pick up your child form school.
- Fever of 100
o F or higher
- Diarrhea once in a day with a fever
- Diarrhea 2 times in a day, without a fever
- Runny red eyes with discharge (pink eye)
- Excessive coughing, difficulty breathing
- Excessive runny nose with unclear or colored mucus
- Unidentified rash
- Listlessness or inability to participate normally in classroom activities
Before any child may return to school, the child must remain symptom-free for 24 hours.
If your child has been diagnosed with a communicable disease, you are required to notify the school. Reportable communicable diseases include, but are not limited to:
- Strep throat
- Chicken pox
- Pink eye
- Head lice
- Hand, foot, and mouth disease
Your child cannot return to school until they are totally free of all symptoms. A doctor's note/release may be required at the principals's discretion.